Monday 17 March 2014

Manicure Monday: Water Marbling.



"Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty quick!"

When it comes to nail art I was having issues with one area in particular, water marbling. I was having major issues; nothing was going right, I was having all the common problems; polish not spreading, not being able to make designs, and bubbles. On the few occasions I did get something wearable out if all my efforts, it took far to long to do. With a few hours research, and playing with a few polishes I found out that the Sally Hansen polishes were meant to be really good for this technique. After a mini rummage through my stash I found what I was looking for - my Sally Hansen Xtreme wear polishes that I had picked up in poundland. And guess what? Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty quick to do.





The colours I picked to use were:
Gosh - holographic hero 549
I used 3 coats of this as a base colour for the marbling.

Sally Hansen hard as nails xtreme wear - Navy blue
Sally Hansen hard as nails xtreme wear  - Just for fun fuschia
Sally Hansen hard as nails xtreme wear - Plum Power
(I am guessing these are the right name, but I did pick them all up in poundland as I said earlier)
Were all used for the marbling. They all spread out well, and I didn't have any issues with them.

I am pretty lazy and didn't do any prep to make my clean-up easier. I just went for it, and stuck my fingers in the pattern. Then after used nail polish remover to take off everything on my fingers, and my small clean up brush to tidy around the edges. Then I made sure to use plenty of my cuticle oil to stop the dry affects of the acetone.

-Jessica.x




No comments:

Post a Comment